Tyrie Logo

Barlow Tyrie, England

The teak furniture specialists

Barlow Tyrie was founded in 1920 in London, England, by Frederick Barlow and Victor Tyrie. The two founders quickly built their reputation on the quality of their outdoor furniture, which was made almost entirely by hand to the highest standards.

In 1967 Peter, son of Victor Tyrie, joined the company and to increase the level of production, relocated the company to the new factory in Braintree, outside London. The growing demand for the company's products led to the gradual expansion of this factory, which now covers 8,000 m2.

In 1986, the company founded the subsidiary Barlow Tyrie Inc. in New Jersey, USA, to serve the large leisure furniture market in North America. This subsidiary has permanent salons in Chicago and High Point, North Carolina.

In 1992, the subsidiary PT Barlow Tyrie Indonesia was created to ensure the availability of teak from plantations, sources that comply with the environmental ethics of the island of Java. This initiative responds to the sawn timber export ban imposed by the Indonesian government. The 18,000m2 factory carries out the transformation of teak trunks, the steaming of sawn wood and the manufacture of components and products distributed to points of sale and retailers all over the world.

The company remains a family business and now has its 3rd generation of founders with James and Mark, sons of Peter, working in sales and design.

NEWSLETTER

Be the first to know about the latest news and special offers!

Free delivery

From 100.- of purchase (Items dispatchable by post in standard parcel)

Return and Refund

7-day right of return (See general conditions).

Support 7/7

By phone, email or chat

Exhibition of 1000m2

Store in Lutry with Showroom